The 8th Annual Conference of the Economic History Association of Israel
The Economic History Association of Israel (EHAI), founded in 2012, is an academic association with more than 200 members from a wide variety of disciplines in social sciences, humanities, and law.
The association holds an annual conference as well as several smaller group/forum meetings. The 1st Annual Conference of the EHAI was held at the Department of Economics, at Bar-Ilan University, on December 12, 2012. The local organizers of the conference were Dror Goldberg and Taly Krupkin.
We are happy to host the EHAI conference again. The 8th Annual Conference of the EHAI will be held at the Department of Economics, at Bar-Ilan University, on December 15, 2019. The local organizers of the current conference are Daniel Levy and Efrat Uzan.
The keynote speaker at this year's conference is Professor Ran Abramitzky of Stanford University.
The keynote session will be chaired by Professor Joel Mokyr of Northwestern University.
In addition to regular sessions, the conference will also include a panel discussion of the history of economic liberalization of the Israeli economy.
- The conference program can be accessed here.
- Attendance is free and open to all. However, registration is required.
- To register, follow this link.
- Registration deadline: November 30, 2019
The EHAI acknowledges the financial support of
- Department of Economics, Bar-Ilan University
- Schnytzer Family Foundation, Bar-Ilan University
- The Pinhas Sapir Economic Policy Forum, Founded by Samuel Rothberg