Dr. Yuval Shilony
226; Building : 504
Mail Box Number:
Insurance, Economics of Uncertainty, Industrial Organization
|1967||B.A. in Economics and Social Sciences, Hebrew University|
|1971||M.A. in Economics, B.A. Mathematics, Hebrew University
Ph.D. in Economics, University of California, Berkeley.
|1975||Disseration: Mixed Pricing in Oligopoly|
Instructor: Professor D. McFadden
- Mixed Pricing in Oligopoly, Journal of Economic Theory 14(2), 1977, 373-388.
- A Note on the Presentation and Solution of Infinite Games, Journal of Mathematical Economics 8, 1979, 63-72.
- A Methodological Note on Welfare Calculus, Journal of Transport Economics and Policy XV(1), 1981, 69-72.
- Hotellings' Competition with General Customer Distributions, Economics Letters 8(1), 1981, 39-45.
- More on Spatial Oligopoly as a Noncooperative Game, International Journal of Game Theory 10(3/4), 117-123
- Power and Importance in a Theory of Lobbying, Behavioral Science 27, 1982, 69-76 (with Y. Ben-Dov).
- The Design of a Tort Law to Control Accidents, Mathematical Social Sciences 4/2, 1983, 103-115 (with I. Lipnowski).
- A more extended version has appeared in the proceedings of the Israel Economic Association, Iyunim be-Kalkala, 1981.
- More Methodological Notes on Welfare Calculus, Journal of Transport Economics and Policy, January 1983, 95-98.
- Surplus May Measure Waste, Journal of Public Economics 22, 1983, 363-374.
- The Sequence Method of Finding Solutions to Infinite Games: A First Demonstrating Example, Journal of Optimization Theory and Applications, 46(1), May 1985, 105- 117.
- The Fate of a Cartel without Entry Barriers: The Eyeglass Industry in Israel, 1966- 1986, Proceedings of the Israel Economic Association, Iyunim be-Kalkala, 1989 (in Hebrew).
- Green Fields and Red Lines: The Acute Water Problem in Israel, The Economic Quarterly 150, 1991 (in Hebrew).
- Inside-Information in a Betting Market, Economic Journal 105, 1995, 963-971 (with A. Schnytzer).
- Book review on Meir Tamari, Kosher Money: Ethical Issues in Commerce, The Economic Quarterly, New Series, November 1995 (in Hebrew).
- Spatial Law Enforcement and Traffic Accidents with Casulaties in Israel, Traffic and Transportation 43, 1996 (in Hebrew).
- Diversity and Ingenuity in Voluntary Collective Action, European Journal of Political Economy 16, 2000, 429-443
- On the Timing of Inside Trades in a Betting Market (with A. Schnytzer), The European Journal of Finance 8(2), 2002, 176-186.
- On the Marginal Impact of Information and Arbitrage (with A. Schnytzer and R.Thorne), in L. Vaughan Williams (ed.) The Economics of Gambling, Routledge, 2003.
- Is the Presence of Insider Trading Necessary to Give Rise to a Favourite-Longshot Bias? (with A. Schnytzer), in L. Vaughan Williams (ed.) The Economics of Gambling, Routledge, 2003.
- Insider Trading and Bias in a Market for State-Contingent Claims (with A. Schnytzer), in L. Vaughan Williams (ed.) Information Efficiency in Financial and Betting Markets, 287 -312, Cambridge University Press, 2005.
- The Optimality and Statistical Detection of Price Rigging in Betting Markets (with A. Schnytzer), The Journal of Gambling Business and Economics 1(1), 2007, 13-29.
- The Production and Prediction of Traffic Accidents, The Journal of Prediction Markets 1(2), 2007, 157-168.
- Insurance, in W.A. Darity (ed.) The International Encyclopedia of the Social Sciences, 2nd edition, Forthcoming.
- Insurance Production and the Alleged Advantage of Large Numbers
- Solvency-Dependent Demand and 'Junk' Insurance
- The Futility of Current Legislation against Wage Discrimination (with Y. Tobol)
- Samuelson's Conjecture, Returns to Scale and Reinsurance
- Quantifying Insurer Solvency
Work in Progress
- Basic Microeconomics of the Insurance Firm
- Options as Bets (with A. Schnytzer)
- The Rising Industry Supply Curve and Producer's Surplus