Dr. Nathan Goldstein
231; Building 504
Mail Box Number:
Sunday: 12:00-13:00 in advance by e-mail
Macroeconomics, Applied econometrics
- 2018 - present: Lecturer at the Department of Economics, Bar-Ilan University
- 2017 - 2018 : Postdoctoral Scholar at the Department of Economics, UC Berkeley
- 2012 - 2017 : Teaching Assistant at the Department of Economics, Bar-Ilan University
- 2012 - 2017 : Ph.D. in Economics, Bar-Ilan University
- 2008 - 2010 : M.A. in Economics, summa cum laude, Bar-Ilan University
- 2003 - 2006 : B.A. in Economics and Business Management, summa cum laude, Bar-Ilan University
Honors and Awards
- 2015 - 2017 : The Azrieli Doctoral Fellowship
- 2014, 2015 : The Bar-Ilan Rector Prize for Ph.D. students
- 2012 - 2016 : The Bar-Ilan President Doctoral Fellowship
- 2009 : The Bar-Ilan Rector Prize for M.A. students
- 2008 : The Bar-Ilan excellence scholarship for M.A. students.
- 2005, 2007 : The Committee of the Heads of the Israeli Universities and Knesset (Israeli parliament) Prize
- 2005,2006,2007: The Bar-Ilan Rector Prize for B.A. students
- “Inflation expectations in a highly volatile environment: Evidence from a firms' survey” (with Ben-Zion Zilberfarb).
- “Variability of macroeconomic forecasts: The other dimension” (with Ben-Zion Zilberfarb).
- “The closer we get, the better we are?” (with Ben-Zion Zilberfarb).
- “Do forecasters really care about consensus? Evidence from a firms' survey” (with Ben-Zion Zilberfarb).
Work in Progress
"What has happened to inflation persistence? A new expectations-based measure" (with Yuriy Gorodnichenko)
"Tracking inattention: A new expectations-based measure"