Dr. Avraham Polovin
Kibbutz Beerot-Yitzhak, 60905, Israel
Married, five children
Introduction to Finance
Financial Statements Analysis
1. Second Generation of Religious Kibbutzim", presented at the international Conference of Applied Psychology, Jerusalem, April 1986.
2. "The Religious Kibbutz Movement - Settlement Policy", presented at Harvard University, Lecturers' Seminar, January 1986.
3. "Personal Differences Among 'Stayers' of the Kibbutz", presented at the International Conference of Communal Studies, Edinburgh, 1988.
4. "Variance Among Subgroups in Kibbutz Society", presented at the Israeli Convention of Kibbutz Research, Rupee Institute, Israel, May 1989.
5. "Youth-Movements Origin, as an Ideological Factor in the Way of Thinking of Kibbutz Members", presented at the Israeli Annual Convention of Kibbutz Research, Emek Hayarden, Israel, 1992.
6. "Kibbutz Characteristics and their Relationship to the Absorption of Members", presented at the International Conference on Labor-Managed Firms, Bar-Ilan University, May 1992.
7. "Inequality Among the Kibbutzim", presented at the International Seminar on Economic Policy and Income Distribution, The Hebrew University, The Bar-Ilan University and The Ruppin Institute, Israel, May 1993.
8. "Productivity of the Kibbutzim During Crisis", presented at the Fifth International Conference of the Communal Studies Association, Yad Tabenkin, Israel, June 1995.
9. "Perception of Risk and Inequality", presented in the European Economic Society conference, Bolzano-Italy, August 2000
10. “Preference Reversal and the Analysis of Income Distribution”, presented to the European Economic Society conference, Stockholm – Sweden, July 2003
11. "Inequality and Entrepreneurial Risk-Taking of Organizations",Innovation, competition and growth: Schumpeterian perspectives, Sophia-Antipolis, France, June 2006
Scholarship and Awards
Scholarship for Ph.D. Dissertation from the Histadrut Trade Union Organization, Israel, 1986,
The Schnitzer Award for Excellent Doctoral Dissertation in Social Studies, Bar-Ilan University, 1992.
1. Amiel, Y., Cowell, F., Davidovitz, L., Polovin, A., (2008),
"Preference Reversals and the Analysis of Income Distribution",
Social Choice and Welfare, V. 30, pp. 305-330
2. Davidovitz, L., Heilbrunn S., Polovin A. ,( 2006),
"Inequality and Entrepreneurial Risk-taking of
Organizations", The ICFAI Journal of
Entrepreneurship Development, V.III, No. 4, pp. 52-66
3. Polovin, A. (2004), “Religious Aspects in the
Perception of the Second Generation in the Religious
Kibbutzim”, in Education as a Social Challenge,
Dror,Y. & Gros, Z. ed. Research in memory of Prof.
M. Barlev, Ramot – Tel Aviv University, pp 111-128
4. Amiel, Y. Cowell, F. Polovin, A. (2001) “Risk perceptions, income
transformation and Inequality”, European Economic Review, May
2001, pp 964-977
5. Kroll, Y. Polovin, A. (1997), “Productivity and
Consumption in the Kibbutz System at a Time of Crisis:
Measurement and Comparison to National Statistics”, Journal
of Rural Cooperation V. 25(1), pp 21-31
6. Amiel, Y. Cowell, F. Polovin, A. (1995), “Inequality Among the
Kibbutzim”, Economica, pp S63-S85
7. Kroll, Y. Polovin, A. (1995), “Productivity and Consumption in
the Communal Kibbutz System During a Period of Crisis:
Measurement and a Comparison with Israeli National Figures”, The
Economics Quarterly 42: (Hebrew), pp 317-330
8. Barrlev, M. Leslau, A. Polovin, A. (1993), “Subjective Well-
Being of the Second Generation in the Religious Kibbutzim”,
Israel Social Science Research 8 (1): Ben-Gurion University, pp
Financial Statement Analysis
- Introduction to Accounting - level A, Bar Ilan University
- Introduction to Finance - Bar Ilan University, The Hebrew University, Ruppin Academic Center, Netanya College and The Center of Academic Studies
- Corporate Finance and investments, Bar Ilan University and The Center of Academic Studies
- Advanced Financial problems, Bar Ilan University
- The Stock market Activity, Bar Ilan University
- Corporate Finance Seminar, The Hebrew University, Netanya College
- Irrationality Seminar, Ruppin Academic Center
- Financial Statement Analysis, Ruppin Academic Center, Netanya College
- Cost Accounting, Ruppin Academic Center